olive oil 1/3 cup
garlic, minced 3 cloves
crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste 1/4 teaspoon
dried oregano 1 teaspoon
anchovy fillets, chopped, or more to taste 3
diced tomatoes, drained. 2 cans
spaghetti 1 package
chopped pitted kalamata or black olives 1/2 cup
capers, chopped 1/4 cup
How To Prepare:
- Fill in a large pot with water and bring it to a rolling boil on an over-high heat.
- As the water getting heated up, start pouring the olive oil into a medium iron or nonstick skillet and stir in the chopped garlic cloves.
- Turn the heat to medium low and start the cooking process of garlic and stir until the chopped garlic is fragrant and begins to turn into golden color for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Now stir in ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon of oregano, and 3 anchovies.
- Cook all the ingredients until anchovies starts to break down for about 2 minutes.
- Now, Pour tomatoes into the skillet and turn the heat to medium high, and bring the sauce to a simmer.
- With the back of a spoon try to break down tomatoes as they cook.
- Simmer until all of the sauce is reduced and combined for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the pasta in water and cook the pasta in the boiling water.
- Drain when still very firm to the bite after cooking for about 9 minutes.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Add the olives and capers into the sauce.
- Add pasta and toss to combine.
- Toss pasta in sauce until pasta is cooked through and well coated with sauce, about 1 minute.
- If sauce becomes too thick, stir in some of the reserved pasta water to thin.
- Browse the website for more easy recipes.